Senior HR Generalist
The Senior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the Human Resources function including orientation, compensation, generating reports and enforcing company policies and practices.
This position ensures the company employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience to assist in achieving the business strategy. Must be able to assess and respond to high level employment issues related to employee misconduct, harassment, and discrimination investigations.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the HR department for various branches within their District and carries out administrative work involving the human resources functions and maintains
• Assesses company policies, programs and procedures and informs employee and management on the interpretation of them. Give advice on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
• May have lead or professional responsibilities over lower level support and clerical personnel.
• Facilitates compensation and benefit administration, employee development, and performance management.
• With the Corporate Talent Acquisition Department, facilitates the timely hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for the openings. This includes leading efforts and partnering with hiring manager and Corporate Talent Acquisition in the recruiting efforts, ensuring job postings are accurate, screening, interviewing
and selecting candidates.
• Analyzes and provides advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems.
• Maintains employee records ensuring completion and accuracy of detail such as employee information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure and other key items.
• Supervises the training of new hires for orientation and may conduct new hire orientation
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute HR programs including but not limited to DayForce maintenance, leaves, resignation, terminations, discipline matters, exit interviews, uniform inventory and hourly compensation process and Loomis Academy training process.
• Assists with the administration of employee records in DayForce via the Employee Kiosk including benefit changes, name changes, tax exemption changes, address changes.
• Handles employee disputes and investigations with the DHRM oversight.
• Prepares EEOC responses.
• Maintains compliance with the HR Audit requirements and obtains a passing score.
• Handles employment related inquiries from employees and staff, referring complex and/or sensitive matters.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
• Reviews DayForce and policies and practices to maintain compliance. May develop and propose improvement to policies, programs, and procedures to improve the effectiveness of human resources and
• Participates and represents the company on Unemployment requirements to include documentation and telephone hearings.
• Conducts presentations as needed at company meetings related to HR practices, policies and or research.
• Performs other duties and project work as assigned by the District HR Manager (DHRM).
• Performs all daily Human Resources duties in the absence of the District HR Manager. (DHRM).
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize task and delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the Ceridian DayForce systems.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field and/or
• 5+ years of HR related experience and proven HR applied proficiency. •
PHR certification a plus.
Loomis offers one of the most comprehensive employees benefit packages in the industry, which includes:
· Vacation and Sick Time (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays
· Health & Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Basic Life Insurance Plan
· Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
· Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
· Dependent Care Account· Industry leading Training and Development
Loomis is an equal opportunity employer. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Job Family Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Tempe, AZ, USA