NOC ENGINEER I
As one of the largest independent fiber network companies in the Eastern US, Segra has a broad and dense service footprint across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. We offer state-of-the-art voice and data technology solutions to businesses of all sizes and wholesale transport services to some of the world’s largest carriers.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Network Operation Center Engineer to join our team. In this position the NOC Engineer will provide in depth support of the SEGRA Networks Transport, IP and Ethernet Networks.
- Configure and provision routers, switches, and other associated peripheral equipment for customer networks
- Configure MPLS router connections for customer turn-ups
- Assists with implementation of assigned customer network additions, as well as networks of associated companies
- Perform remote turn-up of services with operations, vendors and customers
- Remotely assist with field installation and communication deployments as necessary
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting network performance that have been escalated and unresolved within the NOC teams
- Provide technical and analytical support in determining the root cause of network problems and implement action plans to resolve potential or active Network impacting issues
- Performing installs, verifying successful turn-ups
- Provide assistance and support to other team member as required during critical outages
- Troubleshooting post-install troubles
- Work trouble tickets to find solutions in order to correct customer/network trouble issues and faults
Qualifications and Technical skills:
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Vendor certifications preferred but not required (BTI, Cisco, CIena Adtran, Alcatel-Lucent, Fortinet, VeloCloud, etc.), Ethernet and Mobile Backhaul Experience is desired.
3+ years’ experience with Ethernet/TCP/IP Networking. . Must have detailed understanding of IEEE and ITU standards for FTTH & GPON technologies.
3+ years of Experience working with MPLS and designing layer 2 and layer 3 private networks, including programming and testing VPN.
3+ years of experience in Networking and Network Operations
3+ years of experience in Troubleshooting & Analysis tools
3+ years of experience supporting Virtual Private Networking (VPNs)/MPLS VPN
3+ years of experience with completely design, build, program, deploy, and document new IP services from a network core to multiple customer sites.
2+ years of experience with SNMP, UDP, IMAP, DNS, RADIUS (AAA), LDAP, NTP and SMTP
Must have a thorough knowledge of the OSI model and how it pertains to various transmission protocols, and multi-protocol routing including VRF, VPN, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VPLS, and VPRN.
Location: Waynesboro, VA; Charlotte, NC; or Columbia, SC
Schedule: Open Availability
Benefits: Includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement, Paid vacation/holiday leave and more… Please visit our company website at Segra.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Columbia, SC, USA
- Waynesboro, VA 22980, USA