NETWORK SUPPORT SPECIALIST I
Lumos Networks provides high-speed fiber internet, wall-to-wall Wi-Fi, voice, and streaming TV services to residential and small business customers in Virginia and North Carolina.
We are searching for a Network Support Specialist to join our team. In this position the Network Support Specialist serves customers by providing advanced troubleshooting; answering inquiries; resolving problems; fulfilling requests and maintaining database to current, past and potential user base. Quality and efficient handling of multiple types of customer interactions are expected, including telephone, chat, and email.
- Troubleshoots and resolves product issues addressing hardware, software, video, broadband and telephone related issues on Residential, SOHO, and Small Business Accounts.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved issues.
- Gathers data and monitors customer impact as needed for outages and maintenance on network to keep management apprised.
- Learns quickly, retains and recalls product information while handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Works scheduled shifts that includes nights, weekends, and holidays as business needs dictate.
- Maintains accurate and timely sales database documentation throughout all phases of the service and sales process
Qualifications and Technical skills:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years knowledge and/or supporting TCP/IP, Sub netting, DNS and DHCP structure
- General understanding of radius, routing, and switching
- Knowledge of email protocols (IMAP, POP,SMTP, PGP)
- IPTV knowledge and experience
- Experience with Chat, emails and telephone customer service
- Previous Experience in Customer Service preferred
- Computer Skills - Contact Management Systems, Spreadsheet Software, and Word Processing (Microsoft Office) Software, Data Entry, Payroll systems, and Order Processing Systems.
Benefits: Includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement, Paid vacation/holiday leave and more… Please visit our company website at Segra.com.
- Job Family 14
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- High Point, NC, USA