NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER I/II
Segra is one of the largest independent fiber network companies in the Eastern US, Segra has a broad and dense service footprint across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. We offer state-of-the-art voice and data technology solutions to businesses of all sizes and wholesale transport services to some of the world’s largest carriers.
We are looking for an experienced Network Security Engineer II to join our team. In this position the Network Security Engineer will provide tier III support standards development and maintenance, project support and capacity planning and management of firewalls and other security technologies, products, and solutions supported by the Security Operations Center. This engineer will be an integral member of the security operations team and will need to be fully cognizant of state-of-the-art network, firewall, and other security technologies, products and solutions, as well as industry best practice with regard to the design, implementation and deployment of firewall solutions. The successful candidate should also have deep hands-on experience with firewalls, networking, and security technologies. Candidate must also maintain Segra's DDoS mitigation processes and procedures.
Ensures that firewalls and other security technologies, products and solutions supported by the Security Operations Center are able to deliver the necessary capacity and performance targets, including storage, memory and throughout.
Maintains knowledge of current security best practices and works with customers to implement those that will protect customer data and maintain customer IT environments.
Performs analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software supported by the Security Operations Center.
Performs implementation of new security infrastructure supported by the Security Operations Center, including refresh and migration activities.
Supports off-hours maintenance activities for release management and changes associated with assigned projects and customer moves, adds, and changes.
Maintains and administers perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
Monitors and maintains performance, health and availability of firewalls and other security technologies, products and solutions supported by the Security Operations Center.
Troubleshoots issues related to firewalls and other security technologies, products and solutions supported by the Security Operations Center.
Assists customer during activation of firewalls and other security technologies , products and solutions supported by the Security Operations Center.
- Ensures network ( LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice) security access protects against unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Monitors vendor releases for software upgrades, security patches, and bug fixes to test and install updates in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Technical skills:
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years supporting configuration and testing Firewall, IDS, and IPS technologies
- 5+ years of experience implementing/deploying Information Security Best Practices, Network Routing, Switching, and Security Design infrastructures
- 5+ years experience in Networking and Network Operations
- 5+ years experience in Troubleshooting and Analysis tools
- 5+ years experience supporting Virtual Private Networking (VPN's) /MPLS VPN
- 5+ years experience with system administration
- Evaluates and recommends solutions for highly complex security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and database
- Must be analytical and have proven problem solving abilities
Benefits: Includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement, Paid vacation/holiday leave and more! Please visit our company website at Segra.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Columbia, SC, USA