NETWORK OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN I - LUMOS | NORTHSTATE
Lumos is a growing fiber service provider delivering high-speed broadband internet, Wi-Fi, digital voice, streaming TV, and other hosted communications services to residential and small business customers within Virginia, as well as in North Carolina where we are known as NorthState. We currently have an expanding network of over 5,000 routes miles of fiber with robust Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) broadband expansion plans underway to accelerate serving more homes and businesses with connectivity throughout the region. Our product offering is available to nearly 200,000 addresses and growing.
We are more than your average internet company. Our customers enjoy the fastest fiber speeds available built on a network they can truly count on – all backed by local, expert customer care teams. We know that fast, reliable Internet is what our customers need to stay connected to the things that matter. That continuous connection is our commitment to our community. Lumos and NorthState are sponsored by EQT Infrastructure, one of the most successful global private equity firms in the fiber industry space.
The Network Operations Technician will be responsible for installs, turn-up, test and troubleshoot DDS, DS1, OC3, OC12, SS7 links, Switch Trunks and Ethernet services with the Central Office. Turn-up, provision, test, maintain and troubleshoot Central Office equipment. Examples: Adtran 5000, Zhone MXK, Calix C7 and E7, Tellabs 5500, 7120 and 5320, BITS Clock, legacy access and transport equipment. Perform advanced OTDR traces and fiber characterization. Ability and knowledge to operate and maintain voice switches. Performs Preventive Maintenance on RSB equipment located at Host, Remote, COLO, POP and DLC locations. Serves as In-Charge when Manager is on vacation or out-of-the office. Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
Training Components Technician l - Adtran 5000, Calix C7 & E7 Operation & Provisioning, Calix C7 & E7, Cabling & Testing, Viavi 5800 DS1/DS3/GigE/OTDR.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, troubleshoot and repair voice, data and video services on copper and fiber networks.
- Works with operation technicians to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve customer impacting issues.
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, install and repair Central Office, Remote Office, Remote Nodes and colocation equipment.
- OSS/BSS Data entry (Updating Trouble Tickets, Orders Timesheet’s etc.)
- Maintain power equipment such as rectifiers, inverters, BDFBs, batteries and generators.
- Restore power at remote nodes utilizing portable generators when necessary.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance on equipment located at Central Office, Remote Office, Remote Nodes and colocation equipment.
- Perform OTDR traces and fiber characterization.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager including serving as In-Charge when Manager is out of the office.
- High school education or equivalent & relevant electronics background. Associates degree in electronics and/or networking preferred.
- 4 years’ experience in Telecommunications field or equivalent education and certification.
- Key Competencies:
- Operation of network test equipment such as service testing, fiber continuity and characterization. Availability to work various hours and schedules, including weekends, holidays, overtime and callouts as required.
Benefits: Includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement, Paid vacation/holiday leave and more… Please visit our company website at Segra.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- High Point, NC, USA