PRODUCT ADMINISTRATOR - LUMOS | NORTHSTATE
Lumos is a growing fiber service provider delivering high-speed broadband internet, Wi-Fi, digital voice, streaming TV, and other hosted communications services to residential and small business customers within Virginia, as well as in North Carolina where we are known as NorthState. We currently have an expanding network of over 5,000 routes miles of fiber with robust Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) broadband expansion plans underway to accelerate serving more homes and businesses with connectivity throughout the region. Our product offering is available to nearly 200,000 addresses and growing.
We are more than your average internet company. Our customers enjoy the fastest fiber speeds available built on a network they can truly count on – all backed by local, expert customer care teams. We know that fast, reliable Internet is what our customers need to stay connected to the things that matter. That continuous connection is our commitment to our community. Lumos and NorthState are sponsored by EQT Infrastructure, one of the most successful global private equity firms in the fiber industry space.
The Product Administrator will support the Product Management organization by analyzing and processing product related expenses from external vendors and assisting with various other product management related activities to include; competitive and market analysis data gathering, product portfolio documentation, new product billing code administration, report updates and comparisons, and marketing list administration. The purpose of the expense administration aspect is to ensure accurate billing from the vendor(s) and to determine the proper expense allocation to products for product profitability calculations. Accurate billing is determined by running subscriber counts queries, auditing rates, content programmer contracts, billing elements, in-service and disconnect dates, and circuit validity. The Product Administrator will work with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) and the Media Database Solutions (MDS) portal system as part of the monthly Video expense calculation process. The position will load invoices into the AP approval processing system and potentially other expense management software. The Product Administrator will also support Finance & Accounting with financial product expense analysis, the Product Managers with product profitability analysis, and Engineering with network cost analysis that impacts product profitability. Various other Product Management organization tasks mentioned above will assist the team with execution and on-going task completion in support of product documentation, competitive analysis, and analytics and report generation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run queries for month end Video subscriber counts, complete subscriber worksheets for back-up validation to MDS reports, remove in-house accounts, complete bulk spreadsheets for bulk accounts, convert to .csv file and upload to MDS Portal.
- Review NCTC monthly report for accuracy, split out by location and assign GL coding, create pdf for management approval signatures.
- Calculate NCTC Services streaming customer percentages by location.
- Upload monthly NCTC subscriber reports into the NCTC MSR tool.
- Use MDS reported subscriber counts to process invoices for direct programmer agreements (non-NCTC).
- Utilize Yoda reports and process Vubiquity PPV and ARR invoices.
- Utilize subscriber count reports to calculate and process quarterly Mediakind expense.
- Verify accuracy of programming expense amounts by referring to programmer contract rates per subscriber.
- Competitive and market analysis data gathering.
- Product portfolio documentation.
- New product billing code administration.
- Verify accuracy of billing for various underlying product expenses and leased circuits.
- File disputes with vendors on invalid charges billed. Follow-up with Vendors on outstanding disputes and issues, and escalate claims using their discretion & judgement;
- Report updates and comparisons.
- Marketing and FTTH neighborhood list administration.
- Ability to interact with Managers and lead meetings. Ability to host calls with outside vendors and internal departments to resolve issues.
- Assist Accounting and Finance departments with ad-hoc product cost analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field, or Associates Degree in business related field with comparable job
- Three to five years telecommunications experience.
- Key Competencies:
- Accounting and financial experience, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including expertise in Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP), competent in Word, acquired knowledge of content programmer agreements, strong organizational, analytical, and discretion & judgment necessary in negotiations, strong attention to detail, and ability to work well with other groups and as part of a team.
Benefits: Includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement, Paid vacation/holiday leave and more… Please visit our company website at Segra.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- High Point, NC, USA
- Waynesboro, VA 22980, USA