North High Program Counselor (FT & PT Available)
This home is looking for staff to work with wonderful adults with developmental disabilities and significant physical needs. We seek nurturing people who will provide care with respect and dignity as well as promote independence and community integration. Experience dealing with challenging behaviors, following behavior support plans, and using PMT preferred but we're willing to train staff who are open to the experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists individuals in daily morning activities including daily hygiene functions, preparation of a nutritionally balanced breakfast, and timely departure for day program or work. Assures that there is adequate coverage in the morning if individuals are staying home.
- Stays awake and fit for duty during shift.
- Provides line of sight supervision, repositioning, toileting, seizure monitoring, behavioral monitoring and/or other Critical Information for shift and individuals.
- Assists individuals in contacting work/day program if missing work due to illness.
- Responds to individuals needs at any time during the shift.
- Completes hourly Safety checks by pressing the Alert Security Safety Button as required.
- Safely lifts, transfers, and positions individuals as stipulated in service plans.
- If DDS Medication Certified, administers prescribed oral and topical medications under written direction of Physician.
- Assists in the completion of individual assessments.
- Asks for assistance from co-workers and supervisors when unsure of job duty and refers to program policies and procedures for job clarification.
- Essential employee- assists in scheduling trained staff to fill in shifts for this position during scheduled time off due to the essential function of this position.
- Responds to all emergencies during shift, in accordance with agency policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Follows the Critical Information/Therap Individual Data Form for the program
- Works and administers medication at alternate program site when assigned
- Assures the safety and well-being of Marrakech individuals while adhering to agency policies and procedures.
- Provides active treatment to individuals.
- Follows emergency on call procedures and all other Marrakech policies and procedures.
- Satisfies all training requirements per regulations and maintains all required certifications.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Uses and maintain adaptive equipment safely (such as Hoyer lift, century tub, wheelchairs) and according to manufacture specification.
- Models positive adult roles in the community
- Fosters community belonging through person- centered appropriate activities
- Implements behavioral goals, teaching strategies, monitoring procedures, exercise programs and other team recommended programs and procedures.
- Documents case notes, communication logs, programs, incident reports, abuse and neglect reports, safety reports, fire drills, mileage forms, time exception reports and other required documentation timely and accurately.
- Implements Physical/Psychological Management Training, CPR, and First Aid as required
- Maintain barrier free exits at assigned program site.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment. This includes housekeeping such as dishes, vacuuming, floors, countertops, bathrooms, kitchen areas, simple yard work, and other areas.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.75
- Required Education High School
- East Haven, CT, USA