Paraprofessional YAS (FT & PT Available)
We provide independent skill building services for young adults ages 18-25. Positive learning environment focused on skill building and creating improved social relationships. Actively promotes in house and community opportunities that enhance the quality of life for all young adults
- Seeking caring, team- oriented professionals interested in cutting edge, continuous training to teach new skills and demonstrate how to live effectively and independently in the greater community.
- Within this dynamic, trauma informed transitional program for young adults with behavioral health needs, become an intricate part of the case management team ensuring young adults’ appointments are kept and schedules are meaningful.
- Monitor young adults’ self- administration of medication. Assist young adults in improving practices of daily living including developing daily hygiene and housekeeping routines.
- Work as a team to create a therapeutic community environment within a residential setting. Implement behavioral goals, teaching strategies, monitoring procedures, exercise programs, ARC trauma informed practices and protocols and other team recommended programs and procedures.
- Assist in the completion of assessments.
- Model positive adult roles in the community.
- Foster community belonging through young adult centered appropriate activities.
- These may include active participating in Life Skills Training
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment. This includes housekeeping such as dishes, floors, countertops, bathrooms, kitchen areas, simple yard work, and other areas.
- Documents case notes on ETO, communication logs, programs, incident reports, abuse and neglect reports, safety reports, fire drills, time sheets, mileage forms and other required documentation timely and accurately.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent in human Services, Psychology, Special Education or related field.
- Experience working with persons with disabilities in a community based day or residential program.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one-year of residential and/or similar service treatment experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
Available Shifts: 2nd and 3rd shifts available
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.75
- Required Education High School
- New Haven, CT, USA