419 - Kreger Group Home Assistant Manager (FT)
We are looking for a caring, dedicated and enthusiastic person to be a part of a team assisting 5 fun and active individuals in our Wolcott residential program. This position requires direct care, housekeeping, bringing the individuals to doctor appointments and into the community for fun activities. Other responsibilities include hygiene and grooming, and some cooking. You will also be responsible for helping the individuals achieve identified goals, and all documentation required.
Tuesday-Friday 12p-8p, Saturday 8a-4p
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Models best practices in carrying out Program Counselor responsibilities.
- Under direction of Manager, oversees the purchase of food for individuals, and ensures that dietary requirements are met for individuals.
- Reviews grocery intake to be sure that the program is stocked with appropriate food according to the menu and that the purchases are delivered to the program site as listed on the receipts.
- Demonstrates and Implements incidental teaching.
- Assists nurse by scheduling and ensuring that medical appointments are fulfilled and have the appropriate follow up.
- Assists with medication group by ensuring that doctor’s order is complete with medications and data before the meeting and coordinating individuals’ attendance.
- Places medication orders on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Updates and labels monthly menus, and files previous ones. Notes any substitutions to nurse.
- Implements a daily schedule incorporating daily living skills and community experience that reflects program goals per OPS.
- Teaches staff on duty how to implement policy, procedures, and programs, daily, during all shifts. Documents this training.
- Relates pertinent information from group voice mails and memos to all staff. Communication by writing/typing in log book/Therap, verbal communication in person and call staff when needed.
- Daily check of program books and third shift medication audit to be sure documentation occurred for previous shifts.
- Daily overnight voice mail audits, documentation of these audits and immediate report of breaches to the Facility Manager verbally and in writing.
- Provides direct care to individuals including medical, dietary, hygienic, behavioral supports, medication administration and teaching programs.
- Monthly calls to Business Office, by third day of month, to report the individual census.
- Prepares and presents reports, regarding responsible program site, at cluster meeting.
- Counts Cash On Hand upon arrival to shift and reports any inaccuracies immediately to the Coordinator.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment and assures that agency property is well maintained and home is clean, orderly and safe.
- Provides nighttime and weekend assistance to program staff at group home and other homes in assigned cluster during scheduled hours.
- Works at least one weekend shift as indirect hours.
- Provides On-Call support during the 2 days per week that manager is off. May coordinate with manager for coverage at other times as needed.
- Maintains calendar of medical appointments, cleaning schedule, menus, and recreation.
- Coordinates and follow up to ensure that meaningful recreation and leisure activities are offered to the individuals.
- Follows the procedures, protocols, and policies as outlined in the Personnel Policies and Program Policy and Procedures manuals.
- Attends cluster and staff meetings and required in-service training.
- Drives vehicles safely.
- Reports unsafe situations to the Program Manager in a timely manner, and follows up with appropriate corrective measure.
- Lifts and transfers individuals as required. Lifts, transfers, and positions individuals when required as stipulated in service plans.
- Gathers items for monthly packet and submits to the manager in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that the home is compliance with all licensing requirements, by correcting and immediately reporting non-compliance and documenting this process.
- Implements and documents behavioral and activity of daily living skills programming daily.
- Documents programs, incident reports, abuse and neglect reports, safety reports, fire drills, and other items. Uses communication logs, nursing logs, voice mail, Therap and other communication methods appropriately.
- Implements Physical/Psychological Management Training as required
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses and maintains adaptive equipment ie.hoyer lift, and other adaptive devices
- Operates motor vehicles safely and in accordance with State Law (agency and personal automobiles) while on work related duties.
- Reports unsafe conditions and situations immediately per agency policy and procedures
- Represents the values, mission and vision of the organization
- Serves all customers with alacrity
- Communicates with co-workers and other providers accurately and professionally.
- Carry out management functions as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent in human Services, Special Education or related field. Experience working with persons with disabilities in a community based day or residential program. A high school diploma and one-year of residential experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.23
- Required Education High School
- Wolcott, CT 06716, USA