West Roxbury Branch - Branch Sales/Service Rep
The Branch Sales & Service Representative serves as a financial consultant to new and existing members by providing information about Metro’s products and services. Assists and advises members in determining which products and services best meet their needs, opens Member accounts and provides problem resolution. Participates in sales and service programs and contributes to branch sales goals. Adheres to Metro’s policies, procedures and regulations.
The Branch Sales & Service Representative represents the credit union in a professional manner; provides quality service to members and/or internal credit union staff and management.
- Maintains cash drawer and processes a variety of transactions including: cashing checks, depositing and/or withdrawing funds from accounts, accepting mortgage and consumer loan payments, loan advances, loan payoffs, issuing official checks, traveler’s checks and credit card advances. Maintains adequate cash supply by purchasing/selling cash to vault as needed; accurately balances work on a daily basis. Responds to member inquiries and provides information relative to Mero Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Opens consumer deposit accounts for members after performing needs assessment to determine best financial solution. Accurately completes all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures. Conducts consumer loan interviews; assists members in the completion of loan applications including verifying identification, obtaining required signatures and ensuring that approval conditions are met. Communicates the status of loan applications to members.
- Active participant in sales and referral programs; contributes to branch sales goals. Cross sells products by answering inquiries, informing members of new services and product promotions. Makes effective referrals to retail partners (mortgage lending, commercial lending, Metro Insurance Advisors, Investment Program). Resolves product and service problems and complaints by determining cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Complies with all Metro policies and SOPs, with particular attention paid to OFAC and security transactions, and Bank Secrecy Act. Maintains member confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Adhere to documented Retail Authority Guidelines, and escalate member concerns or situations to appropriate branch supervisory staff.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year customer service experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous financial services and sales skills preferred.
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of computer software; data input skills.
- Experience with Windows based applications.
- General office equipment including personal computer, calculator, ATMs, printers, cash dispensers, cash recyclers, check scanners and self-service coin counters.
- Able to lift teller drawers and bags of coin weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA