Risk and Compliance - Risk & Compliance Analyst
The Risk & Compliance Analyst position is responsible for completion and documentation of many of the risk management and compliance functions of the Credit Union. The position leverages several tools to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and manage swift remediation of self-identified control deficiencies.
- Conducts independent reviews of the following items and communicates findings to management for review and remediation:
- Membership forms and documents
- File maintenance reports for functional departments
- Security Admin reports
- Collaborate with Retail Admin and Training to communicate deficiencies identified. Create/update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to align with practices.
- Administers application access (new users, modifications, deletions) to assigned technology systems in accordance with established policies, procedures, and SLA’s. Resets passwords as necessary in accordance with established SLA’s.
Document, track results and prepare reporting of information obtained from business units in relation to monitoring for their respective areas. Complete other risk and compliance activities (utilizing WolfPac and other available systems) as outlined in the Compliance Management Program.
- Provide feedback to management regarding risk management and compliance management functions. Continuously strives to improve process and operational efficiency.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
The Risk & Compliance Analyst carries out the risk management and compliance activities of the Credit Union in accordance with established policies and procedures. Adherence to policy and procedure is vital to the integrity of the overall risk management and compliance program. Deviance from such policies and procedures or changes to the overall program must be authorized by the VP Risk & Compliance.
- Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business or finance with 1 to 2 years of risk or compliance experience; and/or equivalent of education and experience required.
- Strong computer skills required with experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoints).
- Experience with COCC Insight and Identifi is preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing, oral, or diagram form.
- Capacity to work independently.
- Working Conditions
- General office environment.
- Travel to each of the Credit Union’s branches / office locations is required as part of this position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA