Framingham Branch - Senior Branch Sales/Service Rep
The Senior Branch Sales & Service Representative assists in the daily operation of the branch including opening/closing the branch. serves as a financial consultant to new and existing Members by providing information about Metro’s products and services; opens member accounts; provides problem resolution. Participates in sales and service programs including contributing to branch sales goals. Adheres to Metro’s policies, procedures and regulations
- Assists in the daily operation of the branch:
- Opens and closes branch as needed.
- Maintains cash limits and supply and distributes negotiable instruments.
- Performs branch settlement.
- Processes fee waivers and refunds.
- Services and balances all ATMs and cash/coin machines.
- Approves checks and withdrawals in excess of teller limits.
- Assists in branch audits, issues and destroys bait money, reports counterfeit currency and prepares CTRs.
- Performs system overrides as required.
- Authorizes waiving of checks holds when appropriate.
- Signs official checks up to designated authority level
- Opens consumer and business deposit accounts for members after performing needs assessments to determine best financial solution. Accurately completes all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures. Active participant in sales and referral programs. Conducts consumer loan interviews, and home equity loan interviews; assists members in the completion of loan applications including verifying identification, obtaining required signatures and ensuring that approval conditions are met. Communicates the status of loan applications to members. Contributes to branch sales goals, makes effective referrals to retail partners (mortgage lending, commercial lending, Metro Insurance Advisors, Investment Program).
- Resolves product and service complaints by determining cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction/adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- When required, works at a teller station and processes a variety of transactions including: cashing checks, depositing and/or withdrawing funds from accounts, accepting mortgage and consumer loan payments, loan advances, loan payoffs, issuing official checks, traveler’s checks and credit card advances. Accurately follows Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC policies and procedures.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Make decisions as outlined in documented Retail Authority Guidelines and handles escalated member decisions in the absence of a manager.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ customer service experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Maintain an active MLO license with the National Mortgage Loan Service registry according the credit union’s S.A.F.E. Act policy and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of computer software; data input skills.
- Experience with Windows based applications.
- General office equipment including personal computer, calculator, ATMs, printers, cash dispensers, cash recyclers, check scanners and self-service coin counters.
- Able to lift teller drawers and bags of coin weighing up to 50 pounds
- Pay Type Hourly
- Framingham, MA, USA