Collections - Fraud & Security Specialist
Deposit Operations - Fraud & Security Specialist
The Fraud & Security Specialist is responsible for reviewing and investigating alerts received in our fraud detection systems in addition to internal referrals from all business lines to determine the appropriate account action including but not limited to extending holds in compliance with Reg CC, placing account lockouts and creating/investigating cases. Additional responsibilities include ensuring BSA referrals are completed for case investigations that may meet inCen SAR filing threshold requirements.
1.Responsible for assisting the with the overall management of the Credit Union's fraud detection systems:
- Reviews and analyzes fraud alerts and ad-hoc reports to identify potentially fraudulent transactions
- Analyze losses to identify fraud trends and make recommendations to adjust parameters of fraud detection systems to management.
- Review/assess contact events and internal referrals
- Manage a significant caseload utilizing the credit union's investigative case management system.
- Throroughly documents all cases with investigation/fraud claim progression
2.Responsible for assisting with general duties within the department, as assigned:
- Monitoring of Red Flags to assist in the management of the Credit Union’s ID Theft Program.
- Provide support with regard to the Credit Union’s Courtesy Pay Program.
- Supports branches and other business units as needed
- Reviews and maintains SOPs related to primary functions
- Makes recommendations for process improvement
- Other support duties as assigned.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:Ability to develop and execute short and long-term tactical and strategic efforts for AML and fraud programs in collaboration with a broad range of stakeholders.
·Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and 5 to 7 years of operational experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
üKnowledge of regulations and requirements as they relate to the financial services industry with an emphasis in AML, BSA, US Patriot ACT, OFAC & FACT Act regulations.
üExcellent communication and report writing skills.
üStrong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with all levels in the organization.
üStrong verbal, written and organizational skills with an excellent attention to detail.
üStrong analytical skills including the ability to research analyze and present investigative findings to management.
üEnjoys working in a very fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
üThe ability to work under pressure while multi-tasking.
üTeam player but has the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA