Marketing - Public Relations Specialist
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for creating, implementing and monitoring a public relations program in support of Metro's brand, agenda and accomplishments. The PR Specialist creates and maintains a favorable public image by communicating Metro's programs, accomplishments and points of view. This is a highly interactive, hands-on position that interacts with multiple departments and levels of management.
Successful candidates will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, minimum 5 years of experience in a public relations capacity with a full understanding of media needs and media relationships. The PR Specialist must be a confident and proactive communicator, with a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Build and maintain a positive public image for Metro Credit Union through the creation of media and public events that shape public opinion and increases awareness of the Metro brand. Establish and maintain relationships with consumer, community and public interest groups. Work with marketing management and the CEO to respond to requests for information or comment from the media; coach Metro representatives in effective communications with the public; write press releases and other media communications to promote Metro’s brand and capabilities.
- Develop public relations strategies related to promotion of Metro brand and products. Collaborate with Digital Media Specialist to plan and implement publicity strategies, campaigns, and social media calendars; supply on-trend, relevant and compelling social media status updates and blogs with links to products and promotions as appropriate.
- Assist marketing and business development management with public relations events, including development of communication materials and management of event signup system. Organize promotional events including Metro seminars, lunch & learn events and product demos for employees, members, prospects and SEGs; coordinate and organize community events. Create presentations, articles and other information for use at seminars as well as on website(s), blogs and social media. Pro-actively establish and maintain Marketing calendar of events and activities; coordinate with Corporate Calendar.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with local and industry-related media; pro-actively plan and pitch PR opportunities; establish Metro as source for credible content and POV; establish CEO as industry expert. Develop and produce press releases, press kits and related materials; coordinate distribution of press releases, media alerts and other public relations materials. Maintain department PR files. Developing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual media activity reports, including in support of Metro’s CRA activities.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Team player and self-starter who has the ability to identify problems, elaborate on the issues and develop a course of action(s) to be taken. Depending upon the scope of resolution, this person can either work with management’s direction to implement or can be given the freedom to work independently on a resolution.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field with minimum 5 years of experience in a public relations capacity; knowledge of branch marketing; and/or combination of education and experience required .
- Proven record of delivering measurable PR results; strong knowledge of and network in the media industry including relationship with media influencers.
- Financial institution experience preferred, but not required.
- Thorough understanding of public relations elements and media environment; ability to nurture partnerships and relationships within the media
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent writing skills and knowledge of style elements with ability to think creatively
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment with multiple priorities.
- Working Conditions
- General office environment with occasional travel to branch locations, offsite meetings, seminars, community and/or vendor due diligence.
- Travel related expectations are primarily community/branch related and/or localized and could be up to 40% of the time.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA