Peabody - Andover Street Branch - Branch Supervisor
The Branch Supervisor assists in the daily operations of the branch by supervising and scheduling daily activities of branch staff to ensure accurate and efficient service to members. Opens and closes the branch. Serves as a financial consultant to new and existing members by providing information about Metro’s products and services, assists and advises members in determining which products and services best meet their needs, opens member accounts and provides problem resolution. Participates in sales and service programs and contributes to branch sales goals. Adheres to Metro’s policies, procedures and regulations.
Float Branch Supervisor covers staffing needs at various branch locations throughout the retail banking network.
The Branch Supervisor represents the credit union in a professional manner; provides quality service to members and/or internal credit union staff and management.
- Supervises the daily activities of branch operations and staff:
- Allocates and coordinates branch work flow including creating weekly schedules
- Assists with staff development and growth by guiding and advising branch staff in the more complex phases of their work
- Fulfills cash order requests
- Balances branch by performing branch settlement in line with documented SOPs; reviews teller transactions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Opens and closes the branch
- Holds meetings and trains personnel on new products, systems and processes
- Reviews operational reports relating to teller transactions to identify overs/shorts; resolve and balance as required
- Reviews all branch Mem Apps for accuracy and completeness
- Assists with branch audits
- Opens deposit accounts for members after performing needs assessment to determine best financial solution. Accurately completes all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures. Conducts consumer loan interviews, and home equity loan interviews; assists members in the completion of loan applications including verifying identification, obtaining required signatures and ensuring that approval conditions are met. Communicates the status of loan applications to members. Contributes to branch sales goals, makes effective referrals to retail partners (mortgage lending, commercial lending, Metro Insurance Advisors, Investment Advisors).
- Processes a variety of transactions including: cashing checks, depositing and/or withdrawing funds from accounts, accepting mortgage and consumer loan payments, loan advances, loan payoffs, issuing official checks, traveler’s checks and credit card advances. Approves checks and withdrawals in excess of teller limits. Assists staff in handling member problems, difficult transactions and corrections. Resolves product and service complaints by determining cause of problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction/adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintains branch security system(s); ensures security of all cash and negotiable instruments. Performs audits of teller drawers; monitors Currency Transaction Reporting in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act. Complies with all Metro policies and SOPs, with particular attention paid to OFAC and security transactions, and Bank Secrecy Act. Maintains member confidentiality and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Make decisions as outlined in documented Retail Authority Guidelines and handles escalated member decisions in the absence of a manager.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of teller and/or customer service experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Maintain an active MLO license with the National Mortgage Loan Service registry according the credit union’s S.A.F.E. Act policy and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of financial products and services.
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with Windows based applications.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- General office equipment including personal computer, calculator, ATMs, printers, cash dispensers, cash recyclers, check scanners and self-service coin counters.
- Able to lift teller drawers and bags of coin weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Peabody, MA, USA