Peabody Andover Street Branch - Branch Sales/Service Rep
The Branch Sales & Service Representative serves as a financial consultant to new and existing members by providing information about Metro’s products and services; provides problem resolution. Assists and advises members in determining which products and services best meet their needs; opens Member accounts. Participates in sales and service programs including contribution to branch sales goals. Adheres to Metro’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Serves as a back up to the teller line as needed; maintains cash drawer and adequate cash supply by purchasing/selling cash to vault as needed; accurately balances on a daily basis. Accurately follows Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC policies and procedures.
- Opens consumer deposit accounts for members after performing needs assessment to determine best financial solution. Accurately completes all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures. Conducts consumer loan interviews; assists members in the completion of loan applications including verifying identification, obtaining required signatures and ensuring that approval conditions are met. Communicates the status of loan applications to members.
- Resolves product and service problems and complaints by determining cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Active participant in sales and referral programs. Contributes to branch sales goals. Makes effective referrals to retail partners (mortgage lending, commercial lending, Metro Insurance Advisors, Investment Program.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Adhere to documented Retail Authority Guidelines, and escalate member concerns or situations to appropriate branch supervisory staff.
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year customer service experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of computer software; data input skills.
- Experience with Windows based applications.
- Working Conditions
- General office equipment including personal computer, calculator, ATMs, printers, cash dispensers, cash recyclers, check scanners and self-service coin counters.
- Able to lift teller drawers and bags of coin weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Peabody, MA, USA