Lynn Branch - Assistant Branch Manager
The Assistant Branch Manager assists the Branch Manager in the daily operation of the branch as second in command including personnel administration, operations, security, member service and sales. Serves as a financial consultant to new and existing members; provides problem resolutions; opens member accounts. Participates in sales and service programs including contribution to branch sales goals. Adheres to Metro’s policies, procedures and regulations.
Float Assistant Branch Manager covers staffing needs at various branch locations throughout the retail banking network.
The Assistant Branch Manager represents the credit union in a professional manner; provides quality service to members and/or internal credit union staff and management.
· Assists the Branch Manager in the supervision of a branch:
- Assists in creating the branch schedule and assigns work tasks, monitoring overall branch security.
- Provides training and coaching of branch personnel.
- Resolves routine personnel problems and assist with performance reviews.
- Serves as Branch Manager when needed.
- Assists in the daily operation of a branch:
- Orders branch cash, supplies staff, cash dispensers and cash recyclers with daily cash Opens and closes the branch.
- Supervises the daily balancing of the branch and ATM.
- Assists Branch Manager with the preparation of weekly staff meetings; holds weekly staff meetings when required.
- Scans, uploads, extracts and archives check images
- Approves checks and withdrawals in excess of teller limits.
- Opens consumer and business deposit accounts for Members after performing needs assessment to determine best financial solution. Accurately completes all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures. Conducts consumer and home equity loan interviews; assists members in the completion of loan applications. Communicates status of loan applications to members within established service standards.
- Assists staff in handling member problems, difficult transactions and corrections. Responds to member inquiries and provides information to members relative to Metro Credit Union policies; resolves product and service complaints by determining cause of problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction/adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Make decisions as outlined in documented Retail Authority Guidelines and handles escalated member decisions in the absence of a manager.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Maintain an active MLO license with the National Mortgage Loan Service registry according the credit union’s S.A.F.E. Act policy and procedures.
- General knowledge of computer software; data input skills.
- Experience with Windows based applications.
- Working Conditions
- General office equipment including personal computer, calculator, ATMs, printers, cash dispensers, cash recyclers, check scanners and self-service coin counters.
- Able to lift teller drawers and bags of coin weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lynn, MA, USA