Melrose Branch - Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager, Metro Credit Union - Melrose Branch
The Assistant Branch Manager assists the Branch Manager in the daily operations of the branch as “second in command” including personnel administration, operations, security, Member service and sales. Serve as a financial consultant to new and existing Members; provide problem resolutions; open Member accounts. Participate in sales and service programs including contribution to branch sales goals.
- Assist the Branch Manager in the supervision of branch:
- Assist in creating the branch schedule and assigning of tasks, and monitoring overall branch security
- Provide training and coaching of branch employees
- Resolve routine personnel problems and assist with performance reviews.
- Serve as Branch Manager when needed
- Assist in the daily operation of branch:
- Order branch cash, supply staff, cash dispensers and cash recyclers with daily cash
- Open and close the branch
- Supervise the daily balancing of the branch and ATM
- Assist Branch Manager with preparation of weekly staff meetings; hold weekly staff meetings when necessary
- Scan, upload, extract and archive check images
- Approve checks and withdrawals in excess of teller limits
- Open consumer and business deposit accounts for Members after performing needs assessment to determine best financial solution. Accurately complete all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures. Conduct consumer and home equity loan interviews; assist Members in the completion of loan applications. Communicate status of loan applications to Members within established service standards.
- Assist staff in handling Member problems, difficult transactions and corrections. Respond to Member inquiries and provide information to Members relative to Metro Credit Union policies; resolve product and service complaints by determining cause of problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction/adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Make decisions as outlined in documented Retail Authority Guidelines and handles escalated member decisions in the absence of a manager.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Maintain licenses according to the Credit Union’s SAFE Act policy and procedures.
Skills and Traits
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to focus on the customer
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous financial services and sales skills preferred
- General knowledge of computer software, data input, and Windows-based applications
- Dependable, responsible, and a commitment to excellence
- Ability to use office equipment (calculators, ATMs, cash dispensers, coin counters, etc.) and lift teller drawers and bags of coins that can weigh up to 50 pounds
- Comprehensive Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- Annual bonus eligibility; annual retention bonus vesting program
- 401(k) with matching plan & safe harbor plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D)
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities with development plans and position-related or job-related tuition assistance to help you attain your long-term career goals
- Growing, dynamic environment - no day is ever the same and join an exceptional team of co-workers
- Exceptional training program (classroom, on-the-job, and mentoring)
Apply today and join our growing organization!
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-charted Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Melrose, MA, USA