Branch Manager - Reading Branch
Metro Credit Union is growing! - Opportunity to make your mark in managing our new location in Reading, MA!
The Branch Manager is responsible for the management of a full service branch office, ensuring exceptional member service, optimizing operating efficiency and promoting the Metro Credit Union brand within the community. Responsible for day-to-day supervision and leadership of branch staff; ensure that goals for sales, small business development, service and profitability are attained. Represent the credit union in a professional manner; provide quality service to members and/or internal credit union staff and management.
- Responsible for opening and closing branch and overall branch security. Evaluate operating methods and procedures, making recommendations for improvements and implementing approved changes. Make recommendations to Regional Administrator regarding policy changes based on Member feedback. Develop appropriate workflows to meet Member expectations.
- Day-to-day management and supervision of branch personnel:
- Ensure that the branch is adequately staffed with properly trained personnel who are fully cross-functional.
- Make or approve decisions for branch employees regarding employment, performance reviews, promotions, salary recommendations, transfers and termination of employment.
- Assign work, provide training, guide and advise employees as needed; resolve personnel problems.
- Encourage professional development of staff through successful implementation of Individual Development Plans, coaching and mentoring.
- Oversee branch audit response(s)
- Coach and mentor employees to achieve their goals; conduct daily sales huddles.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to communicate operational, sales and service items.
- Oversee branch budget.
- Serve the needs of Members and prospective Members:
- Recommend, explain and open new accounts for Members.
- Sign such items as certified or cashier’s checks; authorize the cashing of non-routine checks and the cashing of checks in excess of tellers’ authority.
- Handle Member complaints, assist with the reconciliation of statements, explain service charges and follow through on misdirected items or errors.
- Ensure that the branch consistently meets sales goals in all categories. Develop new business leads from existing membership as a result of internal sales efforts and prospects for new consumer and business relationships.
- Comply with all Metro policies, procedures and regulations, with particular attention paid to OFAC and security transactions, and Bank Secrecy Act. Maintain Member confidentiality and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Empowered to make decisions regarding branch operations and Member service-related issues. Work in conjunction with Human Resources and Retail Administration on employee growth and career advancement. Check signing authority in accordance with credit union limits.
Education and Experience
- College diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of management or supervisory experience and/or combination of education and experience required
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Maintain licenses according to the Credit Union’s SAFE Act policy and procedure
Skills and Traits
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to focus on the customer
- Strong people management skills with a track record of developing individuals and the team as a whole
- Previous financial services and sales skills strongly preferred
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to influence and engage with customers and employees alike
- Dependable, accountable with a commitment to excellence
Why Join Our Team:
- Comprehensive Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- Annual bonus eligibility; annual retention bonus vesting program
- 401(k) with matching plan & safe harbor plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D)
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities with development plans and position-related or job-related tuition assistance to help you attain your long-term career goals
- Growing, dynamic environment - no day is ever the same and join an exceptional team of co-workers
- Exceptional training program (classroom, on-the-job, and mentoring)
Apply today and join our growing organization!
- Pay Type Salary
- Reading, MA, USA