REGISTERED NURSE – NEUROSURGICAL & PEDIATRICS (3 NORTH)
Status: Flex Time – 48 hours
Hours: 7pm-7am – as scheduled
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registered Nurse is responsible for rendering professional nursing care and directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel.Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
- Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse required
- BLS required upon hire
- ACLS within 1 year of employment required.
- Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity, proper lifting techniques and body mechanics
- Participates in bedside shift report/handoff.
- Performs hourly rounding.
- Obtains required patient assessments and reassessments per nursing policy.
- Develops a plan of care and teaching plan based on assessed needs of patient and family. Revises as needed per hospital policy.
- Coordinates timely, adequate teaching to patient/family/significant other in preparation for discharge and documents appropriately.
- Implements and monitors nursing interventions.
- Consistently documents assessments, interventions, and outcomes in Meditech within required timeframe.
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounding and collaborates with team members to identify patient needs.
- Recognizes changes in patient conditions and communicates with physician using SBAR.
- Effectively manages patient care and delegates appropriately according to the needs of the patient and the skill of the caregiver.
- Utilizes appropriate interpersonal communication which facilitates productive relationships with other team members.
- Facilitates a positive and caring relationship with others by utilizing trust and mutual respect.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship between patient, family and self, based on empathy and trust.
- Promotes a positive patient experience.
- Seeks help from appropriate resources as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of and practices within the scope of hospital policies.
- Clarifies any unclear communication between members of the healthcare team.
- Uses proper channels of authority in communicating information.
- Collects Data related to physical, psychological and psychosocial health status.
- Develops a plan of care and teaching plan based on assessed needs of patient and family. Revises same as diagnosis and needs dictate.
- As part of the nursing process, performs admission, handoff, transfer and discharge procedures.
- Coordinates with physician’s plan of care, the admission assessment and discharge needs.
- Maintains compliance in RQI.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Compensation Details: Education, experience, and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. Minimum hiring rate for this position is listed below.
Memorial Health System is proud to offer an affordable, comprehensive benefit package to all full time and flex time employees. Here are some of the benefits offered:
- Medical Insurance – PPO & HDHP
- Dental and Vison Insurance
- Health Saving Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care
- Pension Plan – Defined Contribution
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay & Premium
- Shift Differential
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tuition Repayment
- Performance & Market Increases
- Relocation Package, if applicable
- Job Family Clinical
- Job Function Frontline Employee
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.63
- Marietta Memorial Hospital, 401 Matthew Street, Marietta, Ohio, United States of America