VP, Community and Economic Development
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 18 branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson, St. Charles and St. Clair County.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
This role will focus on building, nurturing and expanding bank relationships in the community and economic development arena. It will deepen connections and access to banking among main street, multicultural markets and marginalized communities. There will also be a focus on community partners, both for small businesses, Non-Profit organizations and Pillar Faith-Based institutions. This person will be integral to the success of the $200-million-dollar investment that the bank has recently introduced. This person will work in partnership with the Executive leader of the group, the CEO and the broader internal bank team to support the external outreach, volunteerism and charitable giving while also enabling sound processes and practices to ensure compliance and leadership within our regulatory framework. A strong understanding of banking principles and ability to create loans and opportunities in all settings, including non-traditional deal creation and partnerships will be essential for success. Relationships are core to the community banking industry; it will be the relationships that this person can forge with our community partners that will define the success of this individual and the team. This organization reaches into all communities in the St. Louis region and the successful candidate will be able to communicate and connect in each of these unique regions.
- Ability to build, nurture and expand relationships with various community partners, not for profits, and pillar faith-based institutions and internal teams.
- Liaison between MBC and the external community serving as brand ambassador. Responsibilities may include external board work and management of niche advisory boards in the STL region.
- Ability to engage in dialogue with low to moderate income communities, small business owners and nonprofit leaders. Source opportunities then assess the risks and impacts from both the clients and the banks perspective for development and implementation of an overall client strategy. Understand and sell core services, i.e. mortgages, small business and consumer loans to meet the needs of clients.
- Strong leader, able to lead a dynamic team through guidance, metrics, and drive performance.
- Exceptional skills in the development of active referral sources from both the customer base and related industry professionals
- Ability to support the vision of the CED team and demonstrate success against the short- and long-term goals and strategies of the division
- Deep knowledge of banking to enable lending and create situations that look beyond traditional loan constructs to ensure community opportunity while balancing with internal credit risk appetite.
- Robust understanding of compliance and regulation in the space of banking and CED - CRA, HMDA
Supervisory Responsibilities – NA
- Focus on Community and Economic Development
- Customer Centric Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Act with Integrity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Results Oriented/Execution
- Strong business acumen in banking
- Relationship Management
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, management, or finance
- 5 years’ experience in banking or the financial industry
- Demonstrate active listening and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in positive dialogue one-on-one or in a group setting, and at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Proven ability to think and act independently and the ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Skilled at prioritizing duties, working under time constraints, handling multiple tasks, and working independently while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role requires occasional traveling from branch location(s) to on-site customer visits with possible out of town trips.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 8020 Forsyth Blvd, Clayton, MO 63105, USA