Consumer Loan Specialist
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 18 branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson, St. Charles and St. Clair County.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Consumer Loan Specialists must be able to:
- Exercise sound judgment and apply critical thinking for all elements of the loan documentation process
- Manage workflow for documentation, both new and renewals, for all bank centers and small business bankers
- Work quickly and accurately and be detailed oriented
- Support and assist area personnel & branches, as needed
- Meet and maintain service level standards
- Maintain compliance with consumer and small business documentation regulations and policies
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing loan pipeline to independently prioritize workflow and maximize production turn around
- Review of information within the Loan Operating System (LOS) for accuracy and completeness
- Analyze and audit pre-closing documentation in order to produce regulatory required loan documents
- Ensure collateral is perfected in accordance with the credit approval (i.e. deed of trust, UCC financing statement, certification of titles and assignment of life insurance)
- Perform pre-closing secondary loan review for others
- Assist underwriters with loan processing including, but not limited to, ordering credit reports, requesting payoffs and proof of insurance
- Sending regulatory required loan documents to bank centers and customers, ensuring confidentiality is maintained
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years in consumer and small business loan processing is required
- Solid working knowledge of retail and small business loans including auto, real estate, UCC and marketable securities
- Knowledge of LaserPro, or similar loan documentation system, experience preferred
- Required proficiency with regulatory guidelines as well as internal Bank policies
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language
- Personal computer skills with extended viewing of computer screens
- Physical mobility and dexterity to transport files and operate general office equipment (fax, copier, telephone) Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information
- General office environment
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2191 Lemay Ferry Rd, St. Louis, MO 63125, USA