Universal Banker- St. Charles County Offices
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 18 branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson, St. Charles and St. Clair County.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Why a Universal Banker with Midwest BankCentre?
Do you enjoy helping people and cultivating relationships? Are you detail oriented and a self-starter? Do you enjoy being part of a strong team? If so, the Universal Banker role could be right for you.
As a Universal Banker with Midwest BankCentre, you will have the opportunity to interact with customers in person and by phone. You will be in charge of creating an excellent customer experience with each person you encounter. Universal Bankers will become experts on the various products and services Midwest BankCentre has to offer. As you build relationships with new and existing customers, you will uncover needs and make recommendations to increase customer satisfaction with the bank. As one of the most visible ambassadors of the bank, our Universal Bankers must be professional in demeanor and dress, responsive and reliable, and bring a positive attitude to their team.
Universal Bankers must be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Remain flexible to accommodate branch staffing needs
- Work independently and manage their time
- Follow policies and procedures, maintain accuracy
- Follow through on daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Contribute to branch meetings and culture
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Account opening and maintenance
- Teller transaction processing
- In-bound and out-bound call handling
- Referrals to business partners
- Consumer loan applications and closings
- Promote products and services based on customer's needs
- Branch opening and closing
- Perform notary public service
- Assist team in achieving branch goals
Through specific on-going training, you will gain knowledge of and adhere to BSA, USA Patriot Act, AML, obtain and maintain NMLS and Notary Public.
Formal Education and Credentials
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of two years bank customer contact or retail sales experience
- Bilingual applicants preferred but no required
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language
- Personal computer skills with extended viewing of computer screens
- Physical mobility and dexterity to transport files and operate general office equipment (fax, copier, telephone) Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information
Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches Willing and able to work required overtime.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1820 1st Capitol Dr, St Charles, MO 63301, USA