Production - 1st Shift
Elkhart Plastics started in 1988 and has grown its footprint through numerous purchases and acquisitions. We now operate six manufacturing locations across the U.S. We have worked with hundreds of customers in various industries across the country on custom rotomolding projects, and the company still serves the RV and marine industries today.
- Schedule: M-TH, 5am-3pm
- Benefits available after 30 days
- 2 weeks of Vacation after 1 year (prorated vacation in 1st year).
- 40 Hours of sick pay after 1 year.
- Referral Bonus Program
Operate rotational molding equipment to produce high quality plastic products that are shipped to our customers, for use in a variety of industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow ALL Safety protocols.
- Read, interpret, and understand work instructions located on the operation software, or when given directly by supervisor.
- Operating and maneuvering heavy machinery. Often with a partner.
- Open and close mold doors weighing up to 75 lbs. Often with a partner.
- Operating hoists to assist in maneuvering molds.
- Operate a scale to accurately weigh powder in conjunction with work instructions.
- Use of basic hand and power tools.
- Use of other materials or chemicals as needed.
- Identify required mold repairs or any quality issues.
- Must be able to log in and out of computer for access to operations software. This is where you locate work instructions, post jobs, and report scrap if necessary.
- Wear required PPE on production floor.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Required Housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist other departments as time permits.
- Be willing to cross-train as needed.
Ø This is a list of the most common job functions that pertain to the position, but this is not all of them. Duties, responsibilities, and/or activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accountability: Accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy: Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Reliability: Dependable and trustworthy.
- Punctuality: Be on time and ready to work when clocked in.
- Safety Awareness: Identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to read prints and specifications
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- High School or GED preferred, but not required.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- South Bend, IN, USA