Maintenance - Maintenance Technician
- Elkhart Plastics started in 1988 and has grown its footprint through numerous purchases and acquisitions. We now operate six manufacturing locations across the U.S. We’ve worked with hundreds of customers in various industries across the country on custom rotomolding projects, and the company still serves the RV and marine industries today.
Title of Position:
Preventative and continuous maintenance of facility, equipment and tools as prescribed by manufacturers and daily use.
- Experience with maintenance in manufacturing – emphasis on electrical, PLC, etc.
- Experience with a variety of tools (manual and electric)
- Basic welding skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to read and write proficiently in English
- Ability to operate and maintain industrial equipment
- Forklift certification or pass training course for operation
- High mechanical aptitude
- Adheres to all safety requirements, including, but not limited to required PPE.
- Creates and sustains a safe work environment.
- Safe operation of a forklift.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Complete Accident Reports immediately after accident happens and notify the appropriate personnel including HR.
- Maintain expected standards of Quality with all repairs.
- Keep tools and maintenance areas clean and in proper working conditions.
- Quality inspection of every repair assignment completed.
· Adhere to the company’s attendance policy.
- To quickly and accurately complete assigned Maintenance Work Orders and communicate completion to originator.
- Correct problems with machinery and equipment as needed.
· Ensure manufacturing procedures are available prior to initiating repairs.
· Review manufacturing procedures with manager; make sure you understand all aspects of procedure before starting the assignment.
· Make sure all necessary tools and equipment for each job are in place before work begins.
· Make sure all parts to complete the repair are available, if not, notify you manager.
· When in doubt, ask you manager concerning problems with parts or procedures.
· Complete all assigned projects by due date.
· Meet or exceed maintenance standards.
- Maintain close communications with other departments.
- Provides open communication with manager and others needed to ensure all requirements are met.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, as required.
- Assist production as needed.
- Communicates necessary information to Manager and/or oncoming shift.
· Exercise treating coworkers R.I.T.E. (Respect, Integrity, Trust, Effort).
- Offers suggestions for improvement.
- Prioritize projects according to need and importance
- Manage time effectively
- Complies with all policies and procedures of Elkhart Plastics, Inc.
- Must complete all required training and show competency in understanding and application of learned skills per training timelines, per ISO standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Oven Operators
- Secondary Personnel
- Powder Personnel
- Shift Supervisor
- Production Manager
- Full Time
Able to work in hot humid environment for extended periods of time.
This job is in a typical manufacturing environment, to include:
- Ovens, torches, and rotating tools
- Forklifts and other moving machinery
- Loud work environment
Must be able to remain stationary with intermediate walking throughout the shift. Frequently lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds alone and parts more than 50 pounds with assistance, and must be able to transport these up to 20 feet.
Must be able to operate the hand tools and write legible. Must be able to position self to maneuver around parts, material and molds.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, March 15, 2021
- Ridgefield, WA 98642, USA