Crew Leader II - Construction
Ready to Start Your Career with the City of Temple?
Leads a crew while operating a wide variety of heavy equipment in the construction and maintenance of City streets and alleys.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates track equipment for such purposes such as striping dirt and road material, cutting of street and alley surfaces to specified grade
- Operates a motor grader in general cutting and grading during alley maintenance or repair and the reconstruction of streets. Tasks range from the removal of material for sub-grade, to mixing and grading of base, to finish grading in preparation for final surface. Involves understanding and utilizing stakes, hubs and blue tops.
- Operates laydown machine during asphalt overlay of streets, following street reconstruction work and for larger utility cuts.
- Operates dump truck, water truck, haul truck, backhoe, various compactors, asphalt saw, grad-all and other equipment associated with construction and maintenance of streets, alleys and drainages.
- Uses hand tools and instruments associated with construction work such as shovels, edge hammers, pick hand levels, engineer's level, engineer's rule and tape measure.
- Performs preventative maintenance such as cleaning, greasing and oiling equipment and trucks; flag traffic, set up cones and barricades; various work in emergency situations (sanding frozen streets and oil spills etc.)
- Serves as rotational secondary on-call person
- Assists with demolition of houses and other structures and loading dump trucks
- Maintains equipment and follows City policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience in operation and maintenance of heavy equipment
- One year of experience in road type construction and maintenance
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Class A CDL
- Air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within the first six months
- Defensive driving certificate or ability to obtain within first year of employment
- Job Family General Regular
- Job Function 2 - Streets and Highways
- Pay Type Hourly
- Temple, TX, USA