Utility Technician II
Temple, TX, USA Req #69
Friday, April 16, 2021
Ready to Start Your Career with the City of Temple?
Utilizes physical labor to assist in water and wastewater line repairs and replacement, excavation, meter installation and taps. Operates equipment associated with maintenance and construction of water and sewer main projects. Provides a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work. Follow all safety policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives various trucks, primarily dump truck to haul base, spoil, debris, top soil and other material involved in the maintenance and repair of water and sewer mains
- Assists in repairing water and wastewater lines; clean and prepare pipe for repairs; install repair parts and evaluate effectiveness of repair
- Assists in excavation; operates air hammer to break rock and asphalt; uses pick and shovel to remove dirt and rock from hole; uses probe to locate pipe
- Installs water/wastewater taps; prepares pipe and fittings, tap main by hand and/or machine and installs service properly
- Cleans wastewater lines; uses hand and / or machine rods to unclog or clean
- Miscellaneous jobs; installs and repairs fire hydrants, valves, manholes and clean-outs
- Cleans and maintains vehicles, tools and equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 6 months of experience in utility construction
- 6 months experience operating construction equipment (dump trucks, backhoes, loaders, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Dual licensing of both Class D water and Class I wastewater collection at time of hire
- Obtain a class A CDL permit within six months of employment
- Class A CDL license with tanker endorsement within nine months of employment.
- Obtain a Texas Class C water distribution license or Class II wastewater collection license within two years of employment (depending on crew assignment)
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.45
- Max Hiring Rate $26.40
- Temple, TX, USA