Utility Technician I
Temple, TX, USA Req #70
Friday, April 16, 2021
Ready to Start Your Career with the City of Temple?
Utilizes physical labor to assist in water and wastewater line repairs and replacement, excavation, meter installation and taps. Operates equipment associated with maintenance and construction of water and sewer projects. Follow all safety policies.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Repairs water and wastewater lines; clean and prepare pipe for repairs; install repair parts and evaluate effectiveness of repair
- Installs wastewater taps, water taps and meters; prepares pipe and fittings, tap main by hand / or machine and install service to property line
- Assists in excavation, operates air hammer to break rock and asphalt; uses pick and shovel to remove dirt and rock for hole; use probe to locate pipe
- Cleans wastewater lines; uses hand and / or machine rods to unclog or clean main
- Assists in performing line locates of water and wastewater mains and apparatus under the rule of the Texas One Call law
- Miscellaneous jobs; install and repair fire hydrants, valves, manholes and clean outs and other jobs as assigned
- Cleans, maintain tools and equipment. Loads, unloads, and operates dump trucks and other heavy equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior Construction or utility experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid class C driver’s license
- Obtain a class A CDL permit within six months of employment
- Obtain class A CDL license with tanker endorsement within nine months of employment
- Obtain a Texas Class D water license or Class I wastewater collection license within six months of employment
- Obtain the other water or wastewater license within one year of employment
Failure to maintain minimum licensure may result in disciplinary action including separation of employment.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.45
- Max Hiring Rate $26.40
- Temple, TX, USA