Parks Equipment Operator I
Ready to Start Your Career with the City of Temple?
Performs general parks maintenance, and repair duties at City parks and parks facilities. Operates light & heavy-duty equipment and performs minor construction as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates equipment such as front loaders, pay loader, batwing grooming mower, reel mower boom mowers, shredder, tractors, riding mowers, etc
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools and light equipment such as push mowers, riding mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, tractors and front-end loaders
- Completes assigned projects may include: sand, paint, lay carpet, demolish and construct walls, seed / sod grass, weld, wood work, construct playground equipment & sun shades, dig holes and & trenches, working in confined spaces, replace ceiling tiles & insulation, pour concrete, remove graffiti, form concrete bag walls, and other general park and facility maintenance items
- Operates and transports heavy equipment from shop of City garage; perform daily maintenance check of fluid levels, lights, and tires
- Performs preventive vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs to ensure proper operating conditions prior to leaving for the job site (checks oil, water, fuel, tires, hydraulic system, etc., and makes appropriate adjustments prior to leaving for the job site) reporting any malfunctions and repair requirements to the supervisor
- Loads, transports, and unloads various tools, parts, materials, supplies, and equipment to job sites; operates trucks, front end loaders, and backhoes to construct, repair, and maintains properties, and structures in accordance with safety regulations and procedures
- Assists in construction of park buildings, repair of existing structures and landscaping, and landscape maintenance.
- Performs daily safety checks on equipment; cleans and maintains tools and equipment; reports mechanical, safety hazards, or maintenance problems supervisor
- Performs grounds upkeep and maintenance, mows and fertilizes grass, and prunes trees to comply with established maintenance and care schedules and procedures.
- Performs maintenance and minor repairs on small engines and equipment
- Assists parks maintenance crews in completion of assigned tasks
- Oversees assigned mowing crew and mow assigned area
- Supervises Community Services workers
- Assists with preparation of special events to include the set-up, staging, and clean-up
- Follows the city policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 6 months experience in maintenance or related area/equipment
- Experience operating heavy duty equipment, such as motor grader, steel drum roller, skid steer loader, articulating front end loader, backhoe, and farm tractor with attachments, Zero-turn mower, commercial lawn equipment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.45
- Max Hiring Rate $17.58
- Temple, TX, USA