Utility Crew Leader II
Temple, TX, USA Req #64
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Ready to Start Your Career with the City of Temple?
Supervises crew; operates heavy equipment; installs sewer and water taps; repairs water leaks; assists service technicians in cleaning sewer lines; knowledge water & wastewater construction specifications. Ensures safety policies and procedures are followed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Repairs, replaces, and installs water and sewer lines, valves, fire hydrants, clean-outs, manholes, and related equipment. Installs taps for water and sewer
- Provides supervision and trains assigned crew members
- Operates hand tools and heavy equipment including backhoes, front-end loaders, trenching machines, boring machines, and various other equipment
- Plans, coordinates and orders necessary parts, supplies and equipment for assigned jobs
- Inspects all equipment before use and reports problems to supervisor or fleet maintenance
- Ensures all safety policies are adhered to and PPE is used
- Ensures safety equipment is used, inspected and installed correctly for each assignment
- Prepares job documents, documents parts, man hours, equipment used on the job
- Documents pertinent data in the work order management system
- Provides and marks locations for water and sewer lines for other departments, customers and the public
- Uses sewer camera to inspect sewer mains and services, and various other pipelines
- Performs other duties when assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years of experience in utility construction
- 2 years of experience operating construction equipment (dump trucks, backhoes, loaders, etc.)
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office suite
- Experience operating specialty utility equipment (vacuum truck, CCTV inspection, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid class A CDL with tanker endorsement
- Valid Class C water distribution and Class II wastewater collection licenses
Failure to maintain minimum licensure may result in disciplinary action including separation of employment.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.88
- Max Hiring Rate $27.71
- Temple, TX, USA