Recreation Specialist - Summit Fitness & Recreation Center
Temple, TX, USA Req #75
Friday, May 7, 2021
Ready to Start Your Career with the City of Temple?
Assists in the daily operations at Summit Recreation Center. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, supervise staff, interact with a diverse population of people, keep records, maintain equipment and be creative in problem solving and program development.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- When necessary, serves as Manager on Duty at Summit Recreation Center
- Supervises, coaches, and redirects part time and seasonal staff including lifeguards
- Works directly with customers in resolving customer care issues
- Develops, conducts and supervises programs and events for all ages
- Manages concession and store sales operations and secure inventory
- Maintains essential records, prepares reports for inventory, participation, and membership
- Works as part of a team in overseeing outdoor pool and indoor jacuzzi chemicals and daily operations
- Assists in the hiring of part-time staff and contract instructors
- Develops and coordinates facility marketing pieces in partnership with Marketing and Communications department
- Provides facility tours to prospective members, onboards new members and participates in retention efforts
- Ensures the Summit Recreation Center’s three key constant focus areas are met: 1) outstanding customer service to all who visit 2) regular focus on facility cleanliness and overall curb appeal 3) regular focus on ensuring all physical equipment (ex: weight and cardio machines) and offerings/amenities (ex: saunas and hot tubs) are functional and in good order
- Accepts, receives and collect payments
- Demonstrates full knowledge of desk operations and trains new staff.
- Oversees equipment inventory and property assets
- Makes recommendations that impact the program budget.
- Ensures City financial policies, procedures, and safety guidelines followed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of personal or professional experience in a fitness environment or related field
- Degree with related course work in Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Business or work experience in Parks and Recreation
- Experience in the proper use of exercise equipment and trends
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license
- CPR/AED certification preferred
- Certified Pool Operator license within 6 months of hire date
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.45
This posting is inactive.
- Temple, TX, USA