HVAC Technician- Hershey
Come join the growing Tevis Family of Companies!
Modern Comfort Systems is growing in the Hershey/Harrisburg areas and is currently seeking experienced HVAC technicians to join our team for our new central office in Grantville, PA. If you possess the skills and experience and want to be a part of a dynamic and growing team, please apply today!
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, On-Demand Pay, 401K/ Profit Sharing, PTO.
Job Summary: The Heating/Air Conditioning Technician will plan, implement, perform maintenance, installation, and repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
Salary: $18- $28 per hour plus opportunity for overtime, commissions, and company work vehicle and gas card
- Organizes and performs the work assigned each day
- Performs in a timely and constructive manner
- Follows all company policy and procedures and works in a safe manner
- Works to meet and exceed our customer expectations
- Inspects the condition of existing HVAC equipment; repairs or modifies as needed.
- Plans required maintenance, repairs, or modifications to HVAC or refrigeration equipment
- Analyzes work orders to identify & prioritize repairs & maintenance; evaluates systems to identify causes of problems.
- Determines parts, materials, and other related supplies necessary for repairs, maintenance, or modifications; orders or otherwise obtains needed supplies.
- Ensures that installs and repairs are performed and completed in accordance with all federal, state, and local codes.
- May Negotiate with outside vendors or service managers to obtain cost estimates for repairs, replacements, and installation of mechanical HVAC equipment
- Collaborates with Field Supervisors & Manager to project the cost of future repairs and equipment needs
- Maintains records of preventive maintenance performed on all major mechanical equipment.
- Participates in monthly meetings with team
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.
- Organized, with attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of HVAC tools, materials, operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Ability to repair, install, inspect, diagnose, and maintain all parts of HVAC system.
- Understanding of safe mechanical practices and local, state, and federal codes and regulations applicable to HVAC.
- Proficient in Technology to include Tablets, Phones, IPADS, etc.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required, Technical Trade School degree or college preferred.
- At least 3 plus years of relevant experience
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, crawl, reach, push, pull, and climb as needed to perform work.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and, occasionally, up to 100 pounds.
- Will be exposed to a variety of smells, temperatures, noises, chemicals, and moving mechanical parts associated with HVAC systems, construction, and/or renovation.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 341 Gates Rd, Hershey, PA 17033, USA