HR Administrative Assistant
Come join the growing Tevis Family of Companies!
S.H. Tevis & Son, Inc. is currently recruiting for an HR Assistant to join its growing Human Resources team. If you are looking for a position that will be fulfilling and fun, and have a passion for working with people in a fast-paced environment, please send us your application today!
The HR Administrative Assistant will perform administrative duties related to the operations of the Human Resources Team.
- Processes required paperwork for employee changes and other related employment matters
- Proofreads and prepares documents and correspondence, such as offer letters, separation packages, COBRA notices, etc.
- May assist with preparation of Human Resource reports such as new hire, and turnover reports
- Maintains employee files, to include scanning and electronically filing personnel, benefits, payroll, Department of Transportation, and 401(k) records
- Reviews and distributes office mail
- Attends departmental meetings and takes minutes
- Assists with onboarding new hires, to include communicating with hiring managers and scheduling new hire orientation
- Maintains and orders office supplies
- Reconciles vendor invoices
- Assists with recruiting, to include posting open positions, performing candidate background checks and gathering references
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with employees and stakeholders on all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exposure to HRIS software
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years of administrative assistant experience preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- 82 John St, Westminster, MD 21157, USA