Executive Secretary - Court
The Executive Secretary performs secretarial and administrative duties to assist in the administration of the Municipal Court.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Types reports including letters, memoranda, minutes, and other written correspondence.
- Takes dictation and type minutes from meetings, and maintain files of minutes taken.
- Oversees maintenance of administrative records including physical data, correspondence and confidential files.
- Maintains files and compiles source materials and research data to prepare various records and reports for supervisor.
- Assists department head with budget preparation and other special projects.
- Prepares requisitions, purchase order, vouchers, budget forms and other data.
- Processes Department Payroll
- Makes appointments for Court Administrator, Assistant Court Administrator, and Municipal Judges.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for daily operations.
- Assist Court Administrator with maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinates training seminars for court staff and municipal judges.
- Processes and distributes incoming mail.
- Updates Bench Books and process Appeals.
- Assists Court Administrator with monthly and annual reports.
- Dispenses juror summons; acts a liaison between judges and potential jurors.
- Responsible for final preparation of Court calendars and any/all pertinent changes.
- Facilitates conflicts in judge’s schedules.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Associate degree and two (2) years’ experience in progressively responsible clerical and secretarial work;
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.44
- South Carolina, USA