Instructor - Recreation
South Carolina, USA Req #78
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Water Aerobics Instructor Description
Employee is responsible for developing and conducting different types of aquatic aerobics classes.to lead shallow water and deep-water water aerobics classes
- Arrive on time to teach & prepare effective workouts. Using equipment and music for the class is optional.
- Conduct safe, quality, and enjoyable classes.
- Assist patrons, answer questions, and maintain a positive environment for patrons to exercise.
- Keep management informed of facility and equipment needs.
- Water Aerobic Certification required (no specific organization or certification in particular)
- We are looking for instructors who are willing to help us create fun and exciting exercise classes within the aquatic environment!
- Provides instruction and information to class participants regarding the concepts of aqua aerobics workouts, various equipment used as well as proper exercise techniques. Assists participants in monitoring heart rates, proper pacing, and injury prevention.
- Demonstrates exercises, leads the workout, and tailors the workout to the fitness level of the participants. Maintains a current knowledge of practices and issues as related to the fitness industry through continuing education, specifically in the instruction of aqua aerobic classes.
- Provides one-on-one instruction before and after class for additional information or to address any questions or difficulties class participants may have. Notifies participants of upcoming aerobic and/or fitness events.
- Ensures equipment used during class is returned to the proper location. Informs Fitness Director when aerobic and stereo equipment requires maintenance and/or repairs.
- Must have certification for water aerobicsthrough a certified provider.
- CPR/AED First Aid Current Certification.
- High School or GED Equivalent.
- Must have Minimum 1 year of experience.
- Must have excellent member service skills.
- Participates in continuing education seminars and workshops.
- Able to complete Darkness to Light training within first 6 months.
To deliver superior performance in a manner that is distinctive and impactful to each person served and that establishes a standard for quality that endures for generations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- South Carolina, USA