Police Officer - Police
The Police Officer performs general duty police work in protection of life and property, enforcement of laws, and investigation of crimes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Patrols designated districts to protect our community.
- Responds to specific incidents relayed by the dispatcher and conducts preliminary investigation when needed.
- Conducts follow up investigations.
- Enforces town ordinances and state laws.
- Prepares detailed written incident reports, arrest and search warrants and other reports as required.
- Testifies in court.
- Apprehends, accompanies and maintains custody of individuals being taken to jail, court or detention centers.
- Conducts searches and arrests when probable cause has been established in keeping with the laws of arrest, search and seizure.
- Assists at special events as needed.
- Works in partnership with citizens using the problem solving model to enhance the wellness of the community.
- Maintains individual equipment in proper working order.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Responds to traffic related incidents and complaints relayed through the dispatcher.
- Patrols designated zone to assess general traffic conditions and to issue citations for speeding and other traffic law violations.
- Directs traffic flow when required.
- Investigates accidents and renders first aid to accident victims if necessary.
- Assists motorists with disabled vehicles and relays notice of abandoned vehicles to the appropriate responder.
- Conducts breathalyzer tests.
- Testifies in court as needed.
- Assists with special events.
- Performs all duties of a police officer when required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $43,365.50
- South Carolina, USA