Plans Examiner - EDS - Building Inspection
The Plans Examiner is responsible for the review and approval of all plans submitted for residential and or commercial construction including the coordination of all required approvals for occupancy upon project completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Distributes construction documents (plans/revisions) to other departments for review and required approvals as needed when submitted.
• Communicates with the public regarding the status of various construction plan submittals
• Reviews all plans for compliance with adopted building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, construction codes and Town Ordinances and Flood Regulations as applicable.
• Assists inspectors with code compliance issues during construction.
• Assists and guides architects, engineers, developers, business owners, etc. through the permitting and construction process from submittal through to completion and the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
• Enters and maintains database.
• Maintains certification requirements through continuing education.
• Performs other related assigned duties.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $42,432.00
- Max Hiring Rate $54,112.50
- South Carolina, USA