ERP Configuration & User Support Specialist
The ERP Configuration and User Support Specialist tests, implements, maintains, trains and monitors programming and technical support for the Town’s ERP (currently Oracle) and HRIS (currently Ceridian) software used by Town departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists and educates internal users in efficient use of software by recommending features and processes based on user feedback to improve workflows and processes.
- Leads implementation and enhancement of software modules.
- Ensures divisional, departmental and Town goals are designed and achieved.
- Supporting end-users with report creation and enhancements.
- Establishes best ERP/HRIS software-related business practices throughout the organization.
- Troubleshoots and fixes, if possible, system issues to include opening service tickets as needed.
- Supports the integration of all Town software with the ERP and HRIS operating systems.
- Monitors system performance and usage to maintain security and reliability.
- Leads training classes for new users on business and system processes.
- Assists and/or leads follow up training and refresher training as needed.
- Create and update training documentation, SOPs, and end user training.
- Works independently on simple to moderate projects or processes.
- Supports needed data validation and clean-up efforts.
- Analyzes, develops and/or assists with analyzing data and requirements for reports.
- Maintains and/or assists with maintaining all workflow setups/configurations.
- Performs system testing and quarterly patch update testing. Relays patch notes and changes to business units.
- Identifies issues and resolves them before users are impacted.
- Maintain knowledge bases and frequently asked questions resources to assist in problem resolution and training.
- Proactively engages in the planning, development, evaluation, and delivery of new technology and trains staff prior to deployment.
- Installs, maintains, and evaluates new releases of software.
- Prepares reports and presentations as necessary. Coordinates communication between peers, teams, and management.
- Operates standard office equipment such as personal computer using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and other related software.
- Performs related work as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and two (2) years of experience, preferably in a public institution (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Oracle Cloud or similar ERP experience required.
- Pay Type Salary
- South Carolina, USA