Grounds and Events Technician - Public Services
The Grounds and Events Technician is responsible for skilled and unskilled manual labor repairing, maintaining, and cleaning public buildings, grounds, and recreation facilities as well as supporting Town special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled manual labor including the mowing of lawns, installation and repair of sprinkler systems, routine repair/maintenance of Town facilities, grounds, and recreation facilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs manual labor and operates departmental equipment as necessary.
- Performs custodial duties
- Sets up and cleans up for Town events
- Provides assistance to other Department divisions and other Town Departments as directed.
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma
- One (1) year prior work experience
- Valid South Carolina Drivers License
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of athletic field maintenance and grounds/landscape maintenance
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of Division equipment utilizing effective practices and techniques
- Knowledge of department safety practices and techniques
- Knowledge of various department tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks in a detailed and accurate manner
- Ability to complete tasks quickly, efficiently, and safely
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Ability to work under adverse weather conditions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.91
- South Carolina, USA