Executive Director - West Virginia
Application deadline: June 17, 2021
The West Virginia Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), with a statewide membership of 400 is seeking a full-time Executive Director with demonstrated leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of and a strong commitment to the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership. NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with over100,000 members nationwide. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies. The Chapter Executive Director reports to the NASW Deputy Director of Chapter Operations at the National Office and is accountable to the West Virginia Chapter Board of Directors.
- Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards in a professional office environment
- Minimum of 5 years of executive level experience.
- Four-year college degree required; MSW preferred
- Exceptional executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational and leadership development priorities, and staff supervision
- Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
- Solid continuing education program planning and implementation skills
- Strong public policy experience and skills
- Strong advocacy and legislative experience and skills
- Experience in membership services
- Community organizing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media in professional settings
- Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
- Proficient with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/“cloud” environment
The Chapter office is located in Charleston, WV. This position requires travel as an essential function of the job. The role expects the executive director to provide their own means of transportations to attend meetings and activities throughout the state.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits, including 401k and health insurance.
NASW is an equal opportunity employer. As such, NASW is committed to promoting and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. The selection of personnel, including new hires and promotions, will be on the basis of qualifications designed to ensure appointments of persons able to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of their position. The Association will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Association will also abide by applicable Affirmative Action requirements mandated by any federal contracts.
NASW offers reasonable accommodation during the application process for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance during the application or interview process and in completing new hire paperwork to accommodate a disability, please email requests to: email@example.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- NASW West Virginia Chapter, 1608 Virginia Street East, Charleston, West Virginia, United States of America