Executive Director - Maine
The Maine Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), with a statewide membership of nearly 900, is seeking an Executive Director who can work 25 hours a week with demonstrate leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of and a strong commitment to the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership. NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with 120,000 members nationwide. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies. The Chapter Executive Director reports to the NASW Deputy Director of Chapter Operations at the National Office and is accountable to the Maine Chapter Board of Directors.
- Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards
- Minimum of 5 years of executive level experience
- College degree required; MSW preferred
- Exceptional executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational and leadership development priorities, relevant legislative efforts, membership services, staff supervision, strategic planning experience, and continuing education programs
- Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
- Solid program planning and implementation skills
- Strong public policy experience and skills
- Strong advocacy and legislative experience and skills
- Community organizing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media
- Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
- Experience in fundraising, grant writing and management
- Basic proficiency with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/ “cloud” environment.
The Chapter office is located in Augusta, Maine; travel required to other Maine communities, as needed. Competitive salary, plus excellent benefits, including 401k and health insurance.
Application deadline: October 17, 2021
NASW is an equal opportunity employer. As such, NASW is committed to promoting and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. The selection of personnel, including new hires and promotions, will be on the basis of qualifications designed to ensure appointments of persons able to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of their position. The Association will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Association will also abide by applicable Affirmative Action requirements mandated by any federal contracts.
- Pay Type Salary
- NASW Maine Chapter, 10 Amherst Street, Augusta, Maine, United States of America