THE VALUE YOU DELIVER: Architect, design, develop, and implement innovative software with an emphasis on algorithm development and reusable architectures. Interact with Oceanit's scientists and engineers as well as external customers to define requirements and present results. We are looking for someone who will thrive in Oceanit's transdisciplinary, fast-paced, creative environment. We currently have challenging projects in natural language processing, image processing, cyber-physical systems, scientific data analysis, and artificial intelligence. The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly and move into new areas. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work within a horizontal management structure and an agile team environment.
- Lead small project-based software teams
- Take responsibility for assigned technical software deliverables
- Promote advancement and mentorship to fellow team members' career paths and skill sets.
- Generate innovative ideas and solutions for Oceanit projects and strategies for business growth.
- Architect, design, modify, develop, debug, and test software using C++, Python, or other programming languages under Linux, Windows, or other operating systems
- Develop innovative algorithms to solve novel problems
- Use standard tools for configuration management, issue tracking, etc.
- Document software APIs and user interfaces
- Produce clean, elegant, maintainable and extensible code
- Troubleshoot, test, and analyze problems and determine solutions.
THE EXPERTISE WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Aptitude for low-level analysis of network and software systems
- 5+ years of experience developing software
- Experience designing and documenting software algorithms and architectures
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software technologies quickly
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process
- Must be eligible for DoD clearance requiring background investigation
- Demonstrated expertise in software vulnerability analysis, reverse engineering, kernel-level programming, intrusion analysis, system forensics, and network analysis.
- Familiarity with modern exploit mitigation techniques and counter-measures
- Familiarity with at least one common low-level architecture (x86, ARM, etc)
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience writing innovative and competitive proposals to obtain funding
- Experience or familiarity with DoD systems and R & D
- Job Family 2 - Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Corporate, 828 Fort Street Mall Suite 600, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America