Senior Meeting Planner
The Senior Meeting Planner position will be responsible for the development, planning and execution of meetings, events, conferences and trade shows for various clients. The position is located in Fairfax, VA. Part time work available.
· Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
· Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
· Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
· Coordinate services for events and trade shows, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
· Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, conventions and trade shows.
· Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
· Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment.
· Evaluate and select providers of services according to customer requirements.
· Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
· Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
· Negotiate contracts with such service providers and suppliers as hotels, convention centers, and speakers.
· Maintain records of event aspects, including financial details.
· Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
· Working knowledge of Cvent and Microsoft Office Suite required
· Global meetings experience required
· CMP preferred
· Excellent organization and planning skills required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team required
Omega World Travel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Job Family Omega
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fairfax, VA, USA