Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer
Be Inspired By the Work You Do
If you want to change the world, one patient at a time, we’d love you to consider joining our team.
OneWorld Community Health Centers is a growing Omaha-based organization that employs over 500 people while still retaining a true family feel. Out of 1,400+ Community Health Centers nationwide, OneWorld ranks within the top 2% in terms of clinical outcomes. It takes all of us, with our various talents and positions, to achieve results like this. Our employees are united by a desire to help the community, and it shows.
The Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer (CDEIO) will ensure that OneWorld develops and implements proactive and integrative policies, strategies and practices that lead to a more inclusive work culture. The CDEIO will use a broad base of knowledge with dynamic tools and continuous innovation and learning in order to reflect genuine inclusiveness in the workplace, the programs we carry out, and the relationships and partnerships we engage and the health care and supports we provide. The CDEIO serves as an organizational resource in areas of cultural diversity, racism, gender equality and justice, disability, sexual orientation, ethnic and religious tolerance, well-being, different abilities, gender identity and expression.
The position is an Executive level position accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and is a key advisor to her and Senior Leaders for strategy, policy and planning across the organization. There are five key responsibilities within the position that include: facilitating organization strategic planning, leading department level diversity, equity and inclusion planning, providing leadership and guidance for the Human Resources team, providing a wide variety of programming, coaching and
training within the organization addressing all dimensions of equity, diversity and inclusion and collaborating with CEO on public policy.
The role requires problem solving with a balance of empathy and pragmatism and someone who is a team player and leads by example to build trust and credibility. The position requires someone who is committed to our mission and strives to help shape a positive, affirmative organizational culture.
This is a full-time position located on our main campus in South Omaha (30th & L.) The schedule will be 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
To ensure the safety of our patients, employees, and communities, OneWorld Community Health Centers is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective November 15th, 2021. Exemptions may be granted for religious or medical accommodations.
- Required a minimum of a BA/BS in social work, psychology, business, healthcare administration, or related field. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in minority, Latino populations, non-profit organizations, cultural studies, education, human services, public administration or related field and depth of leadership experience required.
- English proficiency required, Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborator and relationship builder, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative working relationships with a broad range of diverse individuals and groups, including senior executives, to achieve results. Ability to negotiate, influence, compromise and to provide and receive feedback.
- Strong record of accomplishment in managing change with an understanding of the contexts, cultures and politics within organizations.
- Experience developing and implementing diversity/equity/inclusion programs and advocating for and implementing change in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively to develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies focused on building a diverse workforce
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with experience in multiple communication modes, including social media, with the ability to articulate the importance of inclusion and equity within our mission.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion; set and maintains standards for confidentiality, apply policies with consistency, use creativity in problem solving and integrate information using sound judgment and retain a positive outlook under pressure.
- Ability to create/design adult learning and teaching of the content and skills associated with operating with an equity lens.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience working with various types of software preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed, to attend evening and weekend meetings, and to be available for consultation within and outside office hours.
You can make a difference – in your life and the lives of others.
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Omaha, NE, USA