Account Executive, Lynx Sales and Service
Why Join the Pack?
At this organization, we do things a bit differently. We're not your typical sports franchise pouring all of our focus into the playing stage. We're about uniting together to push the culture forward, challenge the status quo, and accomplish things most didn't think was possible! Whether you're blazing trails in ticket sales, creating for our brands, or using your passion to elevate our vision, your contributions will always shine bright. Together, we are on a journey where chasing greatness is constant and breaking new grounds is a norm.
Position Summary/Objective: The primary focus of this position is to develop and nurture client relationships in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas with the focus on selling and servicing full, partial and group ticket inventory for the Minnesota Lynx.
What would you do?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Generate new sales revenue in full and partial season memberships and group sales by researching individuals, companies and industries.
- Make cold calls, attend charity events and networking events, conduct professional meetings with potential clients.
- Sell full and partial season memberships as well as premium seating and group tickets.
- Must meet minimum weekly activity expectations in place (250 phone calls, 100 emails, 5 appointments, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service by creating unique touch points, promptly responding to requests or communications, and establishing a dynamic relationship with all customers.
- Document all communication in Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Participate in educational opportunities on Timberwolves and Lynx product offerings, pricing and sales strategies, as well as market trends and industry best practices.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of all Game Day experiences.
- Deliver on touchpoints to all Lynx members.
- Attend focused events targeting and connecting with our season ticket members.
Please note this job description is not crafted to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
What are your proficiencies or equivalent experiences?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
- Knowledge of CRM and Archtics is preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of sales experience with the business side of collegiate, minor league or professional sports is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Position may require some travel to external events including off-site meetings with perspective clients.
Other important information about the job:
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours staff may be required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature, and the working environment is favorable. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate to high levels of noise .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently sit, stand, walk, and ascend and descend bleachers/steps in the arena. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Minneapolis, MN, USA