Senior Director of Ticket Sales
Why Join the Pack?
At this organization, we do things a bit differently. We're not your typical sports franchise pouring all of our focus into the playing stage. We're about uniting together to push the culture forward, challenge the status quo, and accomplish things most didn't think was possible! Whether you're blazing trails in ticket sales, creating for our brands, or using your passion to elevate our vision, your contributions will always shine bright. Together, we are on a journey where chasing greatness is constant and breaking new grounds is a norm.
Position Summary/Objective: The Senior Director of Ticket Sales is responsible for the development and execution of strategic and tactical plans to achieve sales targets within the areas of membership and group ticket sales. This position will include oversight of two departments, including Business Development and Group Events.
What would you do?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Develop and implement sales strategies and campaigns to meet or exceed ticket sales revenue benchmarks in the areas of new season memberships and group events.
- Establish and lead sales revenue projections and operating budgets while ensuring effective control of sales results and taking corrective action to guarantee achievement of objectives and goals.
- Collaborate across departments to develop and execute comprehensive new sales campaigns that drive awareness and build urgency within the marketplace.
- Lead and develop key department managers including the Director of Group Events and the Manager of Business Development.
- Actively support the development of staff members by mentoring, providing direction, and performance feedback.
- Drive consistent and frequent communication about product offerings and campaigns to staff members across the organization.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with business partners, day-to-day contacts, and senior leadership team.
Please note this job description is not crafted to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
What are your proficiencies or equivalent experiences?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency working with computers, including Microsoft products, CRM, Veritix, and other related software is preferred.
- Ability to work extended hours, which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to think creatively and develop strategy.
- Knowledge of managerial best practices.
Experience: Minimum seven (7) years of experience working in professional sales and service preferred. Minimum two (2) years of management/supervisory experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Knowledge of professional sports industry, with specific knowledge of sports sales and premium seating.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Position will require some travel to external events.
Other important information about the job:
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours staff will be required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature, and the working environment is favorable. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate to high levels of noise .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer, and telephone. Staff will frequently sit, stand, walk, and ascend and descend bleachers/steps in the arena. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Apply now for an opportunity to interview with us!
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Minneapolis, MN, USA