Account Executive, Business Development
Why Join the Pack?
At this organization, we do things a bit differently. We're not your typical sports franchise pouring all of our focus into the playing stage. We're about uniting together to push the culture forward, challenge the status quo, and accomplish things most didn't think was possible! Whether you're blazing trails in ticket sales, creating for our brands, or using your passion to elevate our vision, your contributions will always shine bright. Together, we are on a journey where chasing greatness is constant and breaking new grounds is a norm.
Position Summary/Objective: We are seeking a dedicated Account Executive for our Business Development team to develop, service, and nurture client relationships. In this role you are a comprehensive sales consultant with a strong emphasis on selling full memberships and partial plan ticket inventory for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
What would you do?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Generate new sales revenue in season memberships by researching and contacting individuals, companies and industries.
- Make cold calls, attend charity and networking events, and conduct professional meetings to engage with potential clients.
- Sell full and partial season memberships as well as premium seating and group tickets to new and existing clients.
- Meet or exceed weekly “hustle” requirements and appointment expectations.
- Provide excellent customer service by building unique touch points, promptly responding to requests or communications, and establishing a dynamic relationship with all customers.
- Detail all communication efforts on CRM in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational opportunities on product offerings, pricing and sales strategies, as well as market trends and industry standards to develop your skills.
- Perform and strengthen other duties as they are assigned.
Please note this job description is not crafted to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
What are your proficiencies or equivalent experiences?
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Computer skills: experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Self-starter who also performs well on a team.
- Comfortable with managing specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
- Working knowledge of CRM and Flash Seats is preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of sales experience. Sports experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Position may require some travel to external events and client meetings.
Other important information about the job:
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours staff will be required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature, and the working environment is favorable. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate to high levels of noise .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer, and telephone. Staff will frequently sit, stand, walk, and ascend and descend bleachers/steps in the arena. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Apply now for an opportunity to interview with us!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Minneapolis, MN, USA