Account Executive, Iowa Ticket Sales
Why Join the Pack?
At this organization, we do things a bit differently. We're not your typical sports franchise pouring all of our focus into the playing stage. We're about uniting together to push the culture forward, challenge the status quo, and accomplish things most didn't think was possible! Whether you're blazing trails in ticket sales, creating for our brands, or using your passion to elevate our vision, your contributions will always shine bright. Together, we are on a journey where chasing greatness is constant and breaking new grounds is a norm.
Position Summary/Objective: The primary focus of this position is to develop and nurture client relationships in Des Moines and surrounding areas with a focus on selling and servicing Full, Partial and Group Ticket Inventory for the Iowa Wolves.
What would you do?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Generate new sales revenue in full and partial season membership and group sales by researching individuals, companies, and industries.
- Make cold calls, attend charity and networking events, generate leads through referrals and engaging with community.
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through in-arena tours, external appointments, phone prospecting and events.
- Provide excellent customer service by creating unique touch points, promptly responding to requests or communications, and establishing dynamic relationships with all customers.
- Service and renew existing full, partial and group ticket accounts, cross selling and upselling when possible.
- Participate in educational opportunities on Iowa Wolves product offerings, pricing and sales strategies, as well as market trends and industry best practices.
- Work events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
- Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, outside appointment and event recaps.
- Must meet minimum weekly activity expectations in place.
- Document all communications in Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Please note this job description is not crafted to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
What are your proficiencies or equivalent experiences?
- Positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
- Knowledge of CRM and Paciolan is preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of sales experience. Sports experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position does not require travel.
Other important information about the job:
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours staff will be required to work Iowa Wolves home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature, and the working environment is favorable. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate to high levels of noise .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer, and telephone. Staff will frequently sit, stand, walk, and ascend and descend bleachers/steps in the arena. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
The Iowa Wolves embrace diversity and inclusion and are proud to be an equal employment opportunity organization. We care deeply for our community, employees, and products.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Apply now for an opportunity to interview with us!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Des Moines, IA, USA