Raging Waters Los Angeles - Director of Finance and Human Resources
The Director of Finance will lead, manage, plan, direct, and control all aspects of the finance department, cash control, and human resources.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Overall finance responsibility for Raging Waters San Dimas.
- AP processing and purchasing.
- Supervising cash control operations, cash handling and reconciliations.
- Ensuring that all company internal control and cash handling policies and procedures are followed by all employees.
- Reconciliation and collection of receivables.
- Supervise weekly payroll processing.
- Recruiting for 800+ employees annually.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues.
- Responsible for processing hiring paperwork for all staff members.
- Assist park management in analyzing monthly P&L statements and related revenue and expense trends.
- Monitor budget to actual expenses as a company and by department
- Assist park general manager with annual budget.
- Manage a staff of up to 20 during the open season.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in the Financial / Accounting industry in a supervisory or management role or an equivalent combination is preferred.
- Prior experience in the amusement/theme park industry or high volume tourist based entertainment venue is a plus
- Communication – Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively with a wide range of diverse personnel
- Leadership – Inspire others to achieve results, establish credibility throughout the organization and maintain a visible leadership role in appropriate industry, community and business organizations as necessary
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Define problems, research and collect data, draw valid conclusions and execute remedial strategies in a timely manner
- Project Management: Understand and manage projects from concept to completion. Develop and achieve strategic objectives, plans and time schedules; organize and manage competing priorities, while maintaining a steadfast commitment to detail
- Executive Presence – Represent the Company well internally and externally; convey a professional and positive image of the organization and business affiliates
- Flexibility – Handle multiple priorities simultaneously; maintain a flexible work schedule to meet changing demands for multiple concurrent projects
- Initiative and Adaptability – Take initiative and execute plans to accomplish strategic objectives in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Computer Proficiency – MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial information, costs, inventory and sales to achieve maximum profit potential. Ability to articulate variances.
- Managerial experience in guest service industry with demonstrated ability to ensure guest satisfaction and ability to train and maintain an on-going guest service delivery.
- Knowledge of methods of establishing appropriate control to ensure staff integrity and quality assurance.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with effective follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead staff to achieve organizational goals.
- General knowledge of computers, cash register, various electronic devices, and various software. Cash handling experience desired.
- Excellent organizational skills for keeping detailed records, reports and logs.
- Ability to communicate, develop and maintain a close, effective relationship with vendors, consultants, colleagues, department managers, partners and the public.
- Job Family FINANCE/ADMIN
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- San Dimas, CA, USA, 111 Raging Waters Drive, San Dimas, California, United States of America