Aquatics Manager (Full-Time, Salaried)
Splish Splash is currently searching for a highly motivated individual to lead the daily operations and management of our Aquatics Department. This position will be responsible for the overall guest experience, employee work environment, and achievement of financial targets within the scope of these operations. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; staff planning, scheduling, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing concerns and resolving problems in accordance with all company policies and applicable laws/regulations. This year-round, full-time position requires open schedule availability during peak season, including extended work hours, evenings, weekends and holidays. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the ideal candidate will be a team player and a strong independent contributor to the overall success of the park.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of operations and guest service in the waterpark; lifeguards, slides, pools, attractions, housekeeping, etc.
- Train, schedule, and manage a large team of Lifeguards, Ride Attendants, and EMTs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable standards for guest service and safety.
- Implement and effectively execute all Ellis and Associates Training guidelines (aquatic safety consultants), in-service training classes and audits.
- Complete all aspects of incident reporting, investigate all incidents and recommend remediation
- Manage budgets and control expenses and labor usage, while evaluating and leveraging opportunities to drive revenue, reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all local and state health regulations pertaining to the Operations Department, including daily inspections and required state documentation. Provide intense focus on quality, standards, sanitation and safety, while maintaining areas at inspection readiness at all times.
- Support and enforce all park operating policies and procedures; serve as manager on duty as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS:
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of operations-based experience with 2 years in a supervisory capacity. Amusement park background is highly desirable, as well as experience in aquatic operations.
- Current Ellis and Associates Instructor License or American Red Cross license preferred
- Outstanding communications, customer service, organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to effectively address multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Positive, professional attitude and willingness to work in a team-oriented atmosphere while working independently to handle projects, tasks and activities.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and related software programs.
- Experience leading, developing and retaining diverse teams engaged in a wide range of tasks and activities to achieve maximum performance and provide exceptional guest service.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays during peak season (April thru September).
- Physical stamina required to work outdoors in extreme temperatures ranging from very cool to high heat with humidity. Position requires significant mobility and ability to bend, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Job Family AQUATICS/ANIMALS
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 22, 2021
- Calverton, NY, USA, 2549 Splish Splash Drive, Calverton, New York, United States of America